8 Tech Tools for Attorneys
Launching your own law firm is hard enough, especially if you’re going at without the help of an assistant or paralegal.
In this day and age, new lawyers have the luxury of technology at their fingertips; however, deciphering which apps and software will improve a new law firm is a tough decision to make.
To make the process easier, we’ve narrowed down the top 8 Tech Tools For Attorneys:
- Google Voice: First and foremost, you have to separate work life from your personal life. By having a Google Voice account, you can set up a new phone line for your practice, set work hours, read transcribed emails & voicemails while you’re in court, and so much more. Even better? It’s FREE!
- Law Practice Management Software: No matter how big or how small, cloud-based practice management software is a must. Court cases, memos, communications, calendars, case files, and more are all in one place and are accessible from anywhere. Clio, Practice Panther, Filevine, and MerusCase, are a few to check out.
- Online Appointment Booking System: Leave booking links in your email signature, on your website, or just shoot through a text and your clients can set an appointment themselves at their convenience. Calendly, Setmore, and Acuity are all great.
- Research Tools: The two top dogs, Casetext & Ravel Law, are well known and speak for themselves. Easy, affordable, and powerful research tools at your fingertips.
- Cloud Storage w/ Two Step Authentification: Your business needs an online filing system for sharing documents, easy access to documents from anywhere, and high-tech security for case files and sensitive information.
- Evernote: Keep all your audio notes, your team’s notes, attachments, and checklists in one clutter-free space.
- Scanning & Faxing Apps: You know as well as I do the court systems still expect you to fax paperwork! Turn your cellphone into a fax machine by downloading scanning and faxing apps. GeniusScan and GeniusFax are our favs.
- Online Signature Generator: Have all of your important papers signed, track their status, integrate w/ a range of software, and deliver copies to all of your clients without ever leaving your office! Eversign, HelloSign, and Docusign are the most widely used on the market.